Rent a car Croatia
Find out the best tips and all the important info about car rental in Croatia in this great rent a car guide.
7 TIPs for choosing the best Rent a car in Croatia
Traveling through Croatia made me a kind of car hire expert. While exploring Dalmatia, Istria and Kvarner I used different companies and gathered useful info on how to choose the best and affordable car rental service in Croatia.
- Choose the smallest vehicle that suits your needs (be sure to check if your luggage fits).
- Book early as possible with first minute special offers (additionally, many companies offers discounts and free extra equipment like wifi, gps…).
- Use loyalty discounts if possible (many companies offer great discounts for loyal clients.
- Check with your accommodation provider if he can offer extra discounts for local car hire companies.
- Find out what is the exact amount that will be locked on your credit card.
- Be sure to check if unlimited mileage, CDW insurance and additional driver are free of charge.
- Save money with turbo diesel or turbo petrol engines with lower fuel consumption.
Cheap rent a car
Informative prices to rent a car in Croatia (Unlimited mileage, insurance, additional driver, airport fee, VAT).
Book your car from the main cities and airports in Croatia.
|Small||34 €/jour||19 €/jour|
|Intermediate||39 €/jour||34 €/jour|
|Estate||69 €/jour||34 €/jour|
|SUV||99 €/jour||57 €/jour|
|9 seats Van||96 €/jour||53 €/jour|
Where can I pick-up and drop-off my rental car?
If you come to Croatia by plane, you should rent a vehicle at the airport and start exploring the country without wasting time on finding the best car rental in the near vicinity.
Here is the list of the most popular rental locations:
How to choose an ideal vehicle?
- Small Car – ideal for travelers that plan to explore cities (Mercedes Smart is the best option for discovering old Mediterranean cities)
- Compact Car – for up to 2 or 3 travelers with little luggage (Renault Clio is big enough, and diesel version has very low fuel consumption)
- Intermediate Car – travel with style (new diesel Opel Insignia is the best car we drove in this category)
- Estate, MPV, SUV and People Carrier – ideal for larger groups (choose Peugeot 5008, it has so much space, looks and drives great)
- Premium and Luxury Limousine – for all those who need luxury (Mercedes CLA is your car if you love luxury with affordable price)
- Cabrio – the best way to discover Croatia (enjoy the view while driving Mercedes C Class Cabrio)
What about car rental prices? What is included?
You will find many rent a car agencies on the web but at very different prices. This is why Croatia is known as a country where it is expensive to rent a car and this is why many people choose to take the bus.
However there are agencies like Adriagate agency that provide quality services for very cheap prices, the lowest in Croatia as far as I know. From € 39 in July and August, 19 € off-season, including insurance.
There are many car hire companies in Croatia with price packages that include different services, so you need to compare prices with all the services and extra payments.
In my experience, the best way to be sure about the final rental price is to check with the car rental provider if there are any additional payments.
Almost every company charges additional fee for returning a car to another location and for after hours vehicle pick-up and return, so be sure to check for all those expenses that might bring the price up.
How to pay car rental in Croatia? Is online payment safe?
Well, the best way is to pay online because there are additional expenses if you pay with bank transfer in EURO. I have used Adriagate website that is secure and the booking process was simple and fast.
After the payment, their customer service contacted me and confirmed all the details. There are also other big car rental providers in Croatia, like Oryx Rent a Car, Fleet Rent, Uniline…, but my first choice is Adriagate.