Holidays in Dubrovnik and South Dalmatia
This holiday will take you to one of the most beautiful towns of Croatia: Dubrovnik. Visit South Dalmatia, its typical stone villages and beautiful islands.
Visits and excursions
Ideas of one-day visits and excursions from Dubrovnik (time required by car to reach the destination).
- Visit Ston (1h00), its wall and oysters.
- Visit Cavtat (30 mn), charming stone village by the sea.
- Visit Kotor and Budva in Montenegro (1h30).
- Visit the National park of Mljet island. You can either book a one-day tour from Dubrovnik or organise the excursion by yourself. In this case go to Prapratno by car (1h15), then take the ferry Prapratno-Sobra (45 mn).
- Visit Elaphiti islands. Book a one-day tour from Gruža harbour or from the old port in the old town. You will visit the 3 main islands in one day (Koločep, Lopud et Šipan). You have as well the possibility to reach each island by ferry.
- Visit the island of Korčula, 2h00 by car to Orebić then take the ferry Orebić-Dominče (20 mn) or the boat Orebić-Korčula (15 mn).
* Check how much time you need to reach your destination at ViaMichelin.com
Book this holiday if you arrive by plane in Dubrovnik and wish to discover the most beautiful towns and islands of South Dalmatia.
And if you wish to have some time to enjoy the beach!
Accommodation and hotel
You will find a great choice of accommodation in Dubrovnik and in its surroundings.
If you stay in the town of Dubrovnik you will have the possibility to reach the old town by bus.
If you prefer a quiet village by the sea then you could stay in Cavtat, Mlini, Slano, Orašac, Plat or Zaton.
Rent a car
Visit Croatia with complete freedom thanks to the car rental. Discover unknown places, typical restaurants, and beaches away from the crowds.
Rent a car in the city or the airport of your choice and take the road to an unforgettable vacation.
Ferry and fast boat
* More information about transportation in Croatia : train, bus and ferry.